If you are planning a tour to India for the very first time, you must be excited for sure. You would probably be wondering about all the things you have heard of about India and whether they are true or not. You must be all caught up in booking the tickets, packing bags, short listing destinations etc. But before you reach all the exciting and fascinating part, here’s a question for you. Have you applied for your Indian e visa? If not, then you must do so now, so that all your dreams come true on your visit to India.
Although the process of making an Indian e visa online is a walk in the park, you need to know some things before you proceed with applying for your visa online. The most important thing is the purpose of your visit. The authorities give you options as you fill the visa form online where you specifically need to mention your purpose of visiting India. Thus, before choosing an option, you must be double-sure since choosing a wrong one might ruin your trip. Given below is a list of different visas that you can choose according to your objective of going to India:
- Tourist Visa: These visas are for the people who solely visit India with the purpose of recreation/sightseeing or attending a short-yoga program.
- Entry (X) Visa: An X-visa is available to only selective people. These people may be a person of Indian origin or their spouse and children. The spouse and dependent children of a person coming to India on any other long-term visa, such as an Employment visa or Business visa and the visitors who are going to join specified ashrams or spiritual communities, such as Auroville, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Missions of Charities in Kolkata, or certain Buddhist monasteries can also apply for the X-visa.
- Employment Visa: The employment visa is for those foreigners who work for an India-registered organization (Previously, these foreigners also applied for an X Visa).
- Intern (I) Visa: As the name suggests, this visa is for the foreigners who visit India for an internship. Its validity is either one year or same as the validity of the internship.
- Business Visa: People who want to explore business opportunities and conduct business in India can opt for a Business Visa. It is different than employment visa as the applicant will not be earning through an Indian Organization.
- Student Visa: This visa is for those people who want to pursue a long-term education in one of the officially recognized educational institutes of India.
- Conference Visa: Delegates who have to attend an Indian government organization’s conference must apply for Conference Visa. Remember that you must apply for the business visa in case you are attending a conference with a private organization.
- Journalist Visa: Professional journalists or photographers need to apply for the journalist visa when they wish to visit India.
- Film (F) Visa: If you are visiting India to make a commercial film or TV show in India, you should apply for the Film visa. Such visa carries validity up to one year.
- Research Visa: just like a journalist visa, these visas are quite difficult to get approved. Research visas are for professors and scholars who intend to come to India for research work. Research visas take around three months for approval.
- Medical Visa: Patients seeking long-term treatment in India at recognized and specialized hospitals should apply for a medical visa.
- Transit Visa: Transit Visa is simply for people who do not wish to stay in India for more than 72 hours as they have an onward journey to some other country.
Thus, with so many options available, you must choose the option which suits your objectives so that you can have a smooth experience of visiting India.