Just eighty miles north of Montreal lies Mont Tremblant, the “trembling mountain” that offers a host of activities for visitors in a spectacular setting that provides a feast for the eyes and solace for the spirit. The second oldest ski resort in North America, Mont Tremont has been updated and re-designed to become one of the most desirable destinations for travelers from all over the world. Whether you want a relaxed stay in a beautiful mountain setting or a getaway filled with activities and adventure, Mont Tremblant can provide the perfect vacation for you in both summer and winter.
Visiting from around North America and around the world fly into the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport in Montreal. You can then connect to flights to Mont Treblant International Airport. A shuttle service runs from the Mont Treblant International Airport to hotels in the area. A bus service is also available from the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport to Mont Treblant. If you are driving from Montreal, you can take Route 15 to Sainte Agathe, which changes to Route 117 from Sainte Agathe to Mont Treblant
Things To Do
Besides enjoying its scenery, Mont Treblant allows visitors to enjoy whatever level of active pursuits they most enjoy. Here is a sampling of some of the most popular choices:
- Ice climbing
- Casino gambling
- Spa services
Visitors can choose from a variety of accommodations in the Mount Tremblant area, including full-service hotels, inns, bed & breakfasts and condominiums. Your stay in Tremblant can be a memorable experience, with a variety of amenities and a warm welcome from its residents.
Mont Tremblant has a number of interesting dining establishments to suit every taste. At the base of the mountain in Place St. Bernard, you can find restaurants featuring authentic Italian foods, French, modern cuisine, steaks, seafood, fondue, tapas and chocolate shops. Take some time to enjoy some of the craft beers available in the area.
Mont Treblant offers a number of special events throughout the year:
- Halloween is a special time in Mont Tremblant with decorations throughout the pedestrian village and trick-or-treating for the children.
- Ski Season Opening in late November has a special exhibition of ski and snowboarding experts for visitors to enjoy.
- Super Demo Day in mid-December allows visitors to try out the new equipment available for skiing and snowboarding aficionados.
- The Christmas Holiday Celebrations provide music, games, street entertainment and fun for all.
- The New Year’s Eve Show brings in the new year with fireworks, music and fun for the whole family.
- Easter in Mont Tremblant offers all the excitement of the season, with decorations and family fun.
Getting Around Mont Tremblant
Mont Treblant offers convenience for getting around town. Limousine service is available, as well as an inter-city bus service for easy access to many hub areas.
Once a renowned resort area for skiers, Mont Treblant offers a host of activities for adults and children throughout the year. See for yourself the many pleasures that this spectacular area provides for your vacation enjoyment.
Lynn Bishop not only works as a travel guide but is frequently enjoying what Mont Tremblant has to offer herself. She likes to share her experiences and insights online and is a regular writer for a number of travel websites.