Australia is perhaps one of the best countries in the world for taking up crazy adventures and pursuing adrenalin pumping activities. If you are one of those who prefer nature to spending time indoors, have healthy habits and your adventurous side is never really asleep – you WILL enjoy reading this article and perhaps you’ll find an active holiday you haven’t yet attempted. Trust us, being in Australia means there are no limits when it comes to extreme sports. Just don’t forget to take an extra measure in order to protect yourself and to be sure that you are fit enough to take a certain action. But, more on that in the following paragraphs.
Let’s start with all those fun things you can do while visiting Australian beaches.
- The whole Western Australia is perfect for KITE SURFING. Probably the best waves are in Geraldton, a town situated on the west coast, where you can also take windsurfing and kite surfing lesson first. The strong sea breeze will definitely make you feel not just alive and healthy, but confident, strong and decisive, as well.
- While visiting Sydney, we definitely recommend Sydney Harbour HIGH SPEED JET BOAT RIDE – a true adventure at high speed with wild spins and power brake stops, while it still allows you to take some photos when it slows down. Music played during this ride boosts the adrenaline even more and makes the atmosphere ecstatic. Don’t miss it.
Skydiving, bungy jumping, zip-lining – whichever you want to try, you want regret the experience.
- An exhilarating tandem SKYDIVING in Brisbane is by all means something you’ll want to do over and over again. If you wish for a bit of a different background, go for North Coast tandem sky dive or Reef and Rainforest sky dive in Cairns. You’ be able to get an incredible view of the Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage Rainforest.
- Next, since we’ve already mentioned Cairns, the capital of adventure in AU and the place for the best BUNGY experience ever. The Cairns Bungy Tower offers the magnificent view of the Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Sea – an instant long-term memory.
- ZIP-LINING through the Daintree Rainforest is like a true adrenalin treat after a day trip spent on visiting the unique wildlife habitats. Nature lovers, it’s an adventure designed especially for you.
A few Tips for Keeping Fit
If you opt for any of these extreme sports and you have a wish to keep the adrenalin level in your body high up, you have to bear in mind that you need to be quite fit.
- Keeping fit means regular exercise, preferably in the gym in order to keep the muscles strong and active. Go running and/or swimming and remember to warm up and stretch yourself prior to and after you finish the workout.
- If you go for gym trainings and do the weight lifting during your trainings, pick suitable weight lifting straps made of good quality material since they help you improve your lifting and keep the wrists and knees safe. You may even wear them while you are out there – on one of the above mentioned adventures – while surfing or sky diving. It will get the pressure off your wrists and you’ll be able to enjoy an activity more once you know you’re safe.
- Drink a lot of water, more than you think it’s enough. Have a big breakfast and include good proteins into your diet, such as fish, poultry, white meat, eggs, beans, tofu, seafood – these are important sources of energy for your muscles.
So, all that’s left is to wish you to have enough time, money, strength and energy to try out all the things you’ve been dreaming of. Making a good balance in life is important – keep fit, have healthy habits and then go and have a crazy adrenalin adventure. That’s the best way to do it! No regrets.